There are other opportunities for Covid-19 financial assistance outside of the programs available (sort of) from the Small Business Administration. Here are two assistance programs available from Facebook and Google for small businesses. Many of our customers meet the criteria for these two programs so we just wanted to pass these along to our readers.
Facebook: Small Business Grants Program
If you fit the eligibility criteria, there’s grant money available to you from Facebook.
- A grant is not a loan. A grant is free money.
Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to small & medium sized businesses
- Eligibility criteria: The business must have at least 2 employees and have been in business for over a year. There are a few other requirements as well.
- Learn more about program eligibility requirements and apply here: https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants
Google: Covid-19 Ad Credits for Small and Medium Sized Businesses
If you fit the eligibility criteria, you’ll get a credit to your Google Ads (AdWords) account towards future ad spend. The credit is there to help your property kick-start your advertising and direct bookings when guests start to return.
- Google is providing $340 million in ad credit on advertiser accounts starting in late May and rolling out over several months
- This is not a refund, it is a credit towards future advertising on Google
- Eligibility criteria: The credit is applied only to those who have run Google Ads campaigns for at least 10 months of 2019, and in January or February of this year. Essentially, they’re crediting active Google advertising accounts.
- The credit will be automatically applied to those accounts that qualify, and the amount will vary by customer based on previous Google Ad spend.
- If you qualify, there’s literally no action to take – you just wait for the credit to be applied to your Google Ads account.
- More information is available here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9803410
Hope that helps! Stay safe and wash your hands.