Download this Guide as a PDF: Our 28 Favorite Marketing Tools
Marketing your online content is easier than ever thanks to a continually expanding suite of excellent (and free!) online marketing tools. As innkeepers with busy schedules, you might not have loads of free time to dedicate to your online marketing strategy. Thanks to all the excellent tools at your disposal, you don’t have too. At Odysys, we use them to quickly and easily do everything from picking strong blog topic ideas to staying in touch with our email subscribers. Pick and choose from this list to put together your own personal Marketing Toolbox. We guarantee that these sources will greatly improve your marketing strategy while taking some of the burden off of you so you can do what you do best and take some of the burden off of you so you can keep doing what you do best.
Idea Generators for Your Content & Blogging
If you aren’t an Odysys customer, you don’t have access to our Content Idea Generator, but that doesn’t mean you’re up a creek. There are many other excellent online tools that will help you pick strong content ideas guaranteed to boost traffic to your site.
Use these tools to write attention-grabbing headlines and bold, clean copy.
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer: Plug your headline ideas into the analyzer and it will score it based on metrics like word balance, character length, and phrases that will convert. Use this to create headlines that will grab a reader’s attention, drive traffic to your site, and increase your social shares.
- Hemingway App: Hemingway App will help you write strong, bold, and clear sentences. Simply copy and paste your prose into the app and it will highlight places you can edit for clarity and concision. It will point out your passive voice, rate your sentences on difficulty to read, and suggest phrases where you could use a simpler alternative.
- Canva: This free online tool helps you create beautiful graphics to jazz up blog posts, social media posts, profiles, and other online content. Click here to learn how to design stunning header graphics using Canva.
Use stock photography sites to find beautiful and high-quality images that you can use on your blog or website free of charge.
Social Sharing Tools
The following tools will help you manage multiple social media accounts at once. We’ve included sites and apps that allow you to schedule out your posts in advance across a number of platforms as well as an Odysys guide that can help you decide what to post when you do.
Marketing Management and Organization
Use these editorial calendars to keep your content clear, organized, and on track.
Create email newsletters that you can use to stay in touch with your subscribers and share your blog posts
SEO & Marketing
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics will help you understand where your bookings are coming from and how much revenue each of those channels is generating for you. Note: In order for this to work, you’ll need to connect your booking engine to your Google Analytics account.
- Google Search Console: Monitor performance in google, identify and resolve crawl errors
- Google My Business: Claim, optimize, monitor and manage your Google business listing. Check and monitor your account on a regular basis.
- SimilarWeb: Use similarweb to look up the sites that refer traffic to you in Google Analytics, find websites that are similar to those and try to get links from them to your website
- SocialMention: See who’s talking about you (or your competition) online
- Moz Keyword Explorer: a really great tool to help you research the best keywords for your target audience
- Odysys On Page SEO Template
- Innkeeper Checklist: How to Get Amazing Reviews
Online marketing tools are a huge asset to your digital marketing strategy, but we understand that many busy innkeepers and hoteliers simply don’t have to time to implement them as regularly or successfully as necessary. If this is the case for you, Odysys offers an all-in-one solution to help you navigate the tricky, ever-changing digital marketing maze, no headaches involved. Check out a demo and considering signing up for a free 30-day trial with Odysys.
Did you find this list helpful? Click here to download the full guide and add it to your marketing toolbox today.